Vivez Bien * Live Well

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Lovely Home







I have seen this bathroom around a lot on the web - you probably have too. Lucky for me (and you), I stumbled upon the rest of the home and it, thankfully, lives up to it's bathroom. Take a look...



I love the subtle blue/grey on the walls, the beautiful fireplace, the herringbone floor, the antique furniture combined with the more modern brickmakers coffee table, the touches of blue, the internal shutters ..... I could go on and on....




What a lovely, informal dining room. Notice the hexagonal floor tiles, the beautiful wall treatment and the oversized fireplace. The dining table and benches look like they might have been made from old scaffolding planks.



Entryway with a beautiful light-fitting



Notice the beautiful moulding under the staircase. I love how casually the pedestal and statue have been placed.



Sheet music adorns the walls of the music room. I love the mix of the rustic table and Louis XVI chair.



The gorgeous bedroom with amazing light fitting and corona....



... and some pretty details in another bedroom.



I hope you have had a promising start to the week.


Till next time

Sharon x

Source: here




17 comments:

  1. Sharon I love the bathroom and its fun to see the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness beautiful,just what i like thanks for sharing it.
    x...Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sharon..you aren't kidding, its spectacular in that understated, beautiful, aged patina sort of way...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon and WOW! This home is spectacular, yet there are some gestures that provide inspiration for the rest of us; the calm of a neutral palate, the mix of high/low and a very livable space. Lovely indeed!xob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, I really must come back as an interior designer in my next life! This is way too much fun. ( Already on my second career so that will never happen!)

    There is so much to admire about this home. An example of paying attention to every last detail:).. the walls, the flooring, molding, etc.. The living room is gorgeous ~ great looking fireplace. I always look forward to seeing the kitchen (my favorite room in the house) and this one did not disappoint. The rustic feel is so warm and welcoming and the table is spectacular. The bedroom is dreamy and fit for a queen! Gorgeous Sharon. Thanks for sharing!


    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifique, je craque sur la salle de bain
    Belle journée

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely home,
    love the interiors and its furniture.
    The living room looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá Sharon, maravilhosa essa casa e os detalhes são belíssimos. Essa mesa rústica está linda, eu gosto muito desse estilo. Tudo lindo e inspirador.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon you are quite the sleuth and so glad to see the whole house that goes with the bathroom that I've seen over and over. It's a beautiful home so thank you for sharing!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics!! I love them all--thanks as always for the inspiration! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon

    That bathroom has always been one of my absolute favorites! Thanks for showing us the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon,
    I love this house!! Thank you for finding and posting these pictures - I'll be onto Pinterest shortly, trying to save them. The combinations of textures and muted colors are so lovely, and that aura of times past paired with the feeling that someone just stepped out of each room! My favorite shot is the yellow hallway with the terra cotta tiles!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the bathroom and the kitchen !!!
    Bon après-midi

    ReplyDelete
  14. It totally measures up...but the bath is still my favorite. Hope all is well with you. We're just skating over here. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent pictures ...
    Beautiful houses!
    The bathroom is so lovely, I want one like this!
    Happy week end.
    Bisous, Babi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the pictures... This would be my dream home.

    ReplyDelete