Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Beautiful Beach House!




I am working on my next alphabet post but stumbled upon this house that I just had to post about. I am probably a bit slow on the uptake and you have already seen it, but I just couldn't take the chance in case you hadn't!
Situated on the oceanfront at The Strand, Dana Point, California, it features everything that I love.... French style, beautiful antiques, pared down simplicity, muted colours, light, wood, linen, wicker and best of all, a pool table and giant TV's so my boys would be happy here too. They don't really mind about any of the other stuff!


European style architecture and a beautifully manicured garden against the ocean backdrop set the scene.

 

Beautiful light fixtures and artwork are evident throughout the house.


The living room opens up to let the ocean in and nothing competes with the magnificent setting.




The ceiling makes a statement in the dining room.


The kitchen is magnificent....I would cook up a storm in here.

 

 The inviting breakfast area off the kitchen.


Just love this!


A more formal sitting area. I especially love the fireplace and the wooden floors.


A pretty arrangement in white. 


 Gorgeous staircase.


A lovely tablescape on the landing.


 Beautiful furniture, flagstone floors and aged woodwork - one could be in a chateau in France.



The bathrooms are all beautiful. Sadly I couldn't find any pictures of the bedrooms but can imagine what they would look like.





And finally, this is where my husband and sons would mostly be hanging out.


You would probably find me hanging out here too, but I would be gazing at the view, not the TV!


I wonder how my family would feel about relocating to California?

Till next time


Sharon x

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the wiew in the first picture, as well as the whole house. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon...I love this home...the designer and the architect did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    You have intrigued me...I live about 30 minutes from Dana Point. I'll have to go in search of this incredible setting. I was thrilled with the ocean views since it's about 90+ degrees here right now. I need to see something to make me feel hopeful of cooler days!
    Enjoy your weekend and I'm eagerly awaiting W in your alphabet series.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely house! It feels a bit like a hotel to me....does it you? I love the architecture; the floors and the roof!

    I guess the interior doesn't feel "personal" to me! Were there people who lived there when these photos were shot?
    Lovely and beautiful house!

    thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my all time favs! I was lucky enough to consult on it. Ohara Davies-Gaetano, the designer is simply amazing and super sweet!!!! If I could have a home like this in California, then California here I come! Hope you are well! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie (Secreto Secrets) had a hand in the decorative finishes in this home. I am wth you Sharon, it is one of the most lovely homes I have seen in awhile! So happy to see more of tt!!

    ReplyDelete