Vivez Bien * Live Well

Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Aesthete's Alphabet - V is for Velvet


How to describe velvet......soft, smooth, luxurious, irresistible, so alluring, in fact, that you are compelled to feel its texture against your cheek, like rose petals.....



 or Blossom's ears! (She's my beagle pup in case you were wondering)


Velvet can be used successfully in almost any room in the home...


The living room is the obvious choice as these beautiful velvet sofa's and chairs show....














It can add a really luxurious feel to a chaise longue or daybed.....






..... a sophisticated and inviting feel to a dining room....




.....and an indulgent real feel to a bedroom.





Velvet can be perfectly at home in a bathroom....







....or used to glam up some outdoor dining!


You could even let it go to the dogs....!





So much to love about velvet!

The alphabet will continue soon with W for .....what???

Till next time

Sharon x

Image source: 1. Unknown 2. Google 3. Own image 4. My Beautiful Disaster 5. The Enchanted Home 6. Casa Decorada 7. Tumblr 8. Decorare 9. Zsa Zsa Bellagio 10. House Beautiful 11. Paris Hotel Boutique 12. Tumblr 13. Architectural Digest 14. Georgiana Design 15. Decorare 16. Decorpad 17. Unknown 18 Divine Theatre 19 Sharla Eck on Tumblr 20 Tumblr 21Eclectic Revisited Blog 22 Fine Feathered Design Blog 23 & 24 Unknown 25. A Passion for Home 26. Decorpad 27. Emmiez Decor 28. Juxtapost 29. Decorpad (Sally Wheat) 30 Elle Decor 31. Lonny 32. Architectural Digest 33. Decorpad 34. House Beautiful 35. Velvet and Linen 36. Pinterest 37 & 38 Brown Dress with White Dots

6 comments:

  1. I love all of the velvet furniture you have shown. I really like the look paired with the patina walls and furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velvet just add so much depth to a room. Beautiful images as always!!! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look and feel! I cant believe your almost done with this series...what are you going to do next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blossom is adorable. Thank you for the tour of the alphabet. I am sorry we are almost at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon,
    I love some of the rooms you've shared. We reupholstered a love seat in cotton velvet a couple of years ago. I now want to use velvet on a few other pieces of furniture. It's very comfy.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. W for wallpaper, I hope! Love me some velvet. My velvet ottoman is one of my favorite pieces, and I need to add more velvet to my life. Thanks for the inspiration, as always :)

    ReplyDelete