Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Aesthete's Alphabet - U is for Umbrella






"When the sun shines, we'll shine together
Told you I'd be here forever
Said I'll always be a friend
Took an oath I'ma stick it out 'til the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella"
(Rihanna)


 Whether it is to protect us from the rain or the sun, we all need umbrellas from time to time, so we might as well use and store them as stylishly as possible. Here is my collection of pictures featuring umbrellas. Enjoy! 






















Whatever the weather in your part of the world, I wish you a happy week ahead.

Till next time

Sharon x

All images via Tumblr and Pinterest




5 comments:

  1. I love Rihanna's song! Love it! And around here (Houston) we've been needing umbrellas more than ever as Mother Nature is giving us much needed rain in the form of storms. Very unusual. Those blue & white striped umbrellas look like Sorrento, Italy. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love your images, which for me evoked feelings of all of the different seasons the whole year through. Also loved remembering the beach umbrellas on Santorini. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got back from the beech last night!! Ahh with those beautiful umbrella shots want to go back--great post! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,
    I do love umbrellas. I wish we had some rain here in Southern California to require one. Great images.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete