Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Aesthete's Alphabet - W is for Wire



Why wire....you might well ask! I could have chosen "wallpaper" as my blog friend Carolyn from Sweet Chaos Home suggested. (I feel that Carolyn and I are kindred spirits. She is also the lone feminine voice in her male dominated household of husband and 4 sons). I thought of choosing "wisteria" which are in bloom here at the moment and look magnificent. I considered "window seats" but then remembered I have done a post on them before. I nearly chose " wine" because ...... I just need it sometimes (Carolyn will understand). I settled on "wire" because for some or other reason, I seem to have collected loads of pictures featuring wire baskets and I was running out of time.


Useful for storage in an office, kitchen, bathroom or almost anywhere, great for picking herbs or fresh flowers, perfect for gift hampers or they can just be left empty as a decorative feature.Whatever shape or size, whether rustic and vintage or sleek and contemporary, I think every household could do with a few. Take your pick.....



































 


 




There might be a bit of stalling before my next post ....... X is for ......because I'm finding it eXtremely difficult to think of something! 


Till then 
Sharon x

Image source: 1. Gypsy Purple Home, 2. Dying of Cute - Tumble, 3. Design Sponge, 4. Maple and Magnolia via  Pinterest, 5. Cox and Cox UK 6. Indulgy, 7. Zsa Zsa Bellagio, 8. Darryl Carter, 9. - 12 Tumblr, 13. Casa Decorada, 14. Tumblr, 15. Charming Spaces, 16. Belclaire House, 17. Tumblr, 18, Pinterest, 19. Tumblr, 20. From Greenwich, 21, Tumblr, 22 Country Living, 23. Pinterest, 24. Kelly Harmon, 25. Tumblr, 26.Simply Klassic Home, 27. Gypsy Purple Home, 28. Houzz, 29. Tumblr, 30. Simple Song, 31, 32. Charming Spaces, 33. Casa Decorada, 34. Charming Spaces, 35. Casa Decorada 36. Blue Room Lady, 37 Rough Luxe Blog, 38. Tumblr, 39. House Beautiful, 40. Unknown, 41. Casa Decorada, 42. Decor Scoop, 43. Tumblr

10 comments:

  1. I love the desk cabinet nice..
    Thanks for the Sunday inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous, inspiring spaces, and fun ways to display those wire baskets! Great choice for "W"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon..that was a cute post...I've always loved the look of wire baskets...How about x marks the spot for all of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wire baskets too! I only have one though, I think I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspiration of wire baskets.....loved them all!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon,
    That was fun. I loved all of the rooms that the wire baskets were in as well as their clever use. I have a couple of wire baskets and I like their unassuming simplicity.
    X, hmmmm, that is a tough one, but you've scored on each and every other letter of the alphabet so I have faith you'll wow us with that letter as well. :-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wire baskets and these images gave great inspiration for ways to use them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wire baskets! X has me stumped as well ... can't wait to see what you come up with!
    xo. Leslie
    Segreto Finishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wire baskets are great storage item and can be used for so many things. I usually store vegetables on them.
    End of tenancy cleaners Putney

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about X for Xmas?? Just stumbled upon your blog when I googled
    'sofa v settee v couch' whilst having a conversation with my husband about why the same thing can have different names!!
    Isn't the internet great?! BTW I live in France.

    ReplyDelete