Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Aesthete's Alphabet - Y is for yellow


Yellow is commonly associated with gold, wealth, sunshine, reason, happiness, optimism and pleasure. In short - a happy colour. The color yellow is also the colour of the mind and the intellect. 
This colour relates to acquired knowledge. It is the colour which resonates with the left or logic side of the brain stimulating our mental faculties and creating mental agility and perception. Being the lightest hue of the spectrum, the colour psychology of yellow is uplifting and illuminating, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun. In the meaning of colours, yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness. Yellow is the best colour to create enthusiasm for life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism. So there you go - what's not to love about yellow!


































Well, it's been a long haul, but the Aesthete's alphabet is nearly at an end. I do, however, still have "Z" to contend with and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great week ahead.

Till next time
Sharon x

Images: 1. Veranda, 2. Pinterest, 3. Zsa Zsa Bellagio, 4. Searching for Style, 5. Fable and Flame, 6-7 Tumblr, 8. Elle Decor 9. Brooke Gianetti, 10-14 Pinterest 15. Casa Decorada, 16. Room Envy Blog, 17. Photo - Matthew Hunt, 18 - 26 Pinterest, 27-28. Tumblr, 29 - 33 Pinterest


10 comments:

  1. Sharon, this has been an amazing long haul! And funny, I never thought myself a fan of yellow but here in edging me towards gold, you have changed my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics, especially love the horse painting in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful series thank you
    maybe z for zebra ... or zoo would give you more options for animal prints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful decor pictures, no matter what your favorite color! I've already pinned a bunch to my decor idea board. Z... hmmm... zippers? (in decor it's tough, might be easier in fashion!) or zebra print? Or maybe zoo, zoology.... animals in decor/vintage print artwork, etc... much more broad. ;)
    I have enjoyed your series tremendously, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH!!!!! You have made me LOVE yellow again......I think the "sunflower era" of several years ago, which I initially loved, and then grew very tired of when is was so overused..... made me steer clear.....but...with your examples...you have breathed new life and sophistication into this golden shade....I'm going for a "walk" through my home to see where I might use it!!.......Thank You......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot tell you how happy I am with this post. Yellow -- really gold, not daffodil yellow -- is my favorite color. I have golden yellow, gilded or tarnished, in virtually every room in my home in both small doses and large. As with your previous "letters" your examples are so gorgeous and inspirational, I am sorry to see this series come to an end. My thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,
    This "yellow" post made me happy. I loved the rooms you've selected (as always) and the subtle use of the color still had a huge effect on each room where you only see a few accents of the color. What a fun year it has been with your alphabet series. Z? That will be interesting, but I trust you have some great ideas.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen....what about ZINC, as in the beautiful ZINC pitchers and pots I love so much for your last alphabet post? Thank you for your wonderful blog! I have so enjoyed the alphabet. I really enjoyed the yellow decor. I recently painted my living room a beautiful grey and I put a yellow hutch in the room. Beautiful contrast of colors. Thank you for so much inspiration!

    xo,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post...like always...
    I have to go and pin this whole post now....have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon,
    I just love your blog...all the beautiful images. Sometimes when I need inspiration I scroll back through your lovely posts and my spirit lifts.
    Thank you for all the gorgeousness you dish up to us!
    Warm regards,
    Sabrina Brown

    ReplyDelete