|The patio behind the house where we spent a lot of time. Don't you love the fleur-de-lis cut-out on the chairs?|
|The view of the town from our house with the vineyards in the background.|
To celebrate our anniversary, my husband and I went out for breakfast to a restaurant called Cafe Felix. It is a French style restaurant with a very rustic French country feel. I took these pics especially for you, my fellow Francophiles. I am reading a book at the moment called "Almost French" by Sarah Turnbull and she talks about her French boyfriend and how everything around him has to be aesthetically pleasing otherwise he feels "unwell"! I can really relate to this. If I am in an environment that isn't particularly pleasing it can adversely affect my mood. I'm not proud of this, but it is what it is. These surroundings were so lovely I was definitely not "unwell"!
I will briefly mention 7 things about me that you probably don't know:
- I am the youngest of five children.
- I grew up on a big sheep farm in South Africa.
- I went to boarding school at the age of 6.
- I loved being part of a big family and am so blessed to have a big family of my own.
- I will never send my children to boarding school.
- Having dinner with my family in the evenings is my favourite thing to do.
- Being the only person in a family of 6 interested in interiors and decor is sometimes lonely - that is where you bloggers have come to the rescue!
I have been sitting here trying to decide who to pass this award on to, but am finding it impossible to choose. You are all wonderfully stylish bloggers in so many different ways and have enriched my life immeasurably so I am giving this award to all of you with my love and gratitude!
Till next time