Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Rustic Dining


There is something so appealing about a rustic dining table.  Whether it is scrubbed pine, a chippy painted surface, an old trestle table, weathered wood worn from years of use or a table made from old floorboards or scaffold planks, it just looks so inviting to me and is the perfect surface for serving good, wholesome, rustic food! Look at these lovely examples which I've interspersed with some divine looking food just to whet your appetites!

















































Till next time

Sharon x


Image source: All food pics via google images
Dining pictures : 1. Simply Natural Decor blog, 2. easy Living UK mag, 3 Tumblr, 4. Tumblr, 5. Casa Decorada, 6. Pinterest 7. Crush cul de Sac 8. Rustic Blog, 9. Searching for Style 10. Tumblr 11. Apartment Therapy 12. Anne Sage  13. Tumblr  14. Citified Blog  15. Daydreamer on Tumblr  16. Heart Beat Oz Tumblr 17 Neutral Heaven Blog 18. Pinterest 19 To be a Virginian Tumblr


18 comments:

  1. Sharon, I could literally dive in to every image...I want to live like this...I'm just panting over the simple beauty and comfort of this lifestyle. Happy Sunday. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, this is a fab post. You put so much into it I hope everyone comes over to enjoy with you.
    I'm trying to find an old table for an outdoor space, just to give it character, you know. But, they are very hard to come by these days. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon,
    wow.. well this is wonderful I agree..nothing better than a long farm table (a little worn adds character). I've got one in my kitchen/great room and it's perfect for entertaining. My dinning room table is smaller and not a cozy so everyone prefers the farm/family style table.

    I'll be saving a few of these photos! These tables also look pretty with a burlap or linen runner.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine all the good stories told over those tables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love rustic al fesco dining! In reality there would probably be loads of flys, but it's fun to dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rustic dining at it's best!! Beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also prefer a sturdy rustic table,
    gives a lot of warmth in the dining space
    and i love old fashioned comfort dishes served on them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like rustic tables at all especially when they are so beautiful decorated and loaded with yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am clearing my table right now!! lovely images Sharon. have a lovely week.( first week of hottest Feb expected!) bisous Colette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bom dia,
    eu também gosto de mesas rústicas. Lindas e inspiradoras imagens.
    Tenha um ótimo dia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tables, Sharon. I love their handmade qualities and homespun charm! And of course, their patina. I'm ready for lunch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true darling! I love them all.
    I have a small little one in my actual kitchen and is my favourite plece for photos... =)
    Hugs
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore this look too.... so pretty! Great images of food...it made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty blog! I have four boys as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon,
    I love the tables and the food on them made me hungry. Very fun!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superbe !!! I love all ...And food of course ! Here we are on the morning so I'm going to the boulangerie to take croissants et baguettes ...
    Bon appétit et bonne journée
    Céline

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rustic style is so organic and comforting! Each image feels like home.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete