Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Don't label me...



....because I'm perfectly capable of labeling myself. I suffer from a moderate case of anal retentiveness. There... I said it! It's not something I am very proud of. I fact, I am definitely envious of people who have a more casual approach to the stuff of life. I wish I could just put something in a cupboard and be done with it, or, even better, just leave things lying around and not let them bother me. But I have a compelling need for order which means that the said item does not just get put in a cupboard or on a shelf, it gets placed in a container in the cupboard with other same or similar items and, more often than not, the container will have a label which categorizes the contents. So very sad, I know!


 I said that I "suffer" from this condition, but the real suffering is probably done by my family. Exhibit A above - each child has their own basket for the various items that, in other homes, with better adjusted mothers, would just lie around.



Here are further examples of my love for labeling. I won't show you any more evidence from my own home lest you decide to have me committed. However,  when doing some research for my post, I noticed that I am not the only one with a love for labeling. There is a whole world full of people like me....take a look...






 These pictures make my heart sing!








 
I am envious of those people who can just shove something in a cupboard without a second thought. But if you are one of those, don't feel too smug, because apparently the opposite of anal retentive is anal expulsive and that doesn't sound so great either.

 Maybe I'll stick with my label!


If you are one of us, you might be in need of some storage containers or baskets....

....so why not visit NetDecor to see their wonderful range.


 and also visit  Block and Chisel here.




Have a happy week ahead. School holiday's are fast approaching YAY!

Till next time

Sharon x


8 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon! I wish I has more of your disease!! With the house all done I am so tying to put everything back and have my family do the same!! The labels really help but its an uphill battle!! You have an awesome trait!! xo Leslie Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon,
    It's always refreshing and encouraging to meet a fellow AR. I've been that way since I was a child, when my mom marveled at how I color coded my clothing in the closet after making sure blouses, slacks and skirts were are grouped. I've learned to live with it! :-)
    Besides, I think anal retentiveness is highly underrated.
    I love seeing the baskets in cupboards and closets with their orderly labeling.
    Enjoy your upcoming holidays.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had this gift...my mother was great at organization...I took after my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all my fabrics labeled by color... but I love all these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ideas! I love how the baskets are organized. So neat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ideas! I love how the baskets are organized. Very neat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos. I love the arrangement. So organized. Love the ideas, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete