Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Monday Musings : In black and white

Via Tumblr
I 'm not sure if I would decorate an entire room in black and white. I might find it a bit stark and possibly too sophisticated for my taste. But I do love a black and white floor. It is a look that combines beautifully with the more mellow tones of antique furniture. It can also work equally well in an entrance hall, a kitchen, a dining room, a bathroom or even in a conservatory or on a veranda as these examples illustrate.

Via amore-linguine-and-me.blogspot.com 

Via Tumblr

Via amore-linguine-and-me.blogspot.com


Via Tumblr

Via Veranda


Via fricandfracblog.blogspot.com
Via classical addiction.com


Via Crush cul de Sac


Via Tumblr


Via blackandwhitehomedecor.com



Black and White Kitchen Floor Tiles
Via homezinterior.com



Via Country Living


Via Decorare

Via Tumblr

Via House Beautiful

Via sprichie.com

Pinned Image
Via Pinterest



1
Via Belgian Pearls

via seashellsandsunflowers.com


Via amithaverma.com


Wishing you all a lovely week ahead. My children start school holidays on Friday. Yay! No lunchboxes for 3 whole weeks.

Till next time


Sharon x




17 comments:

  1. It is still Sunday here Sharon but you are getting my week off to a gorgeous start! Enjoy your extra free time...
    xo
    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love black and white floors and these images are beautiful!! Enjoy the time off with your kids! I know what you mean about no more lunch boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your images Sharon especially No. 9... I like the smaller pattern with the softness of the wood.
    Enjoy your school holidays! x Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Sharon I couldn't have an all black and white room but I love the floors! Enjoy the holiday break with your children and I hope your little one is feeling better.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and classic. I especially love the old, old floors that have a patina to the tile. Great post:) Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white floors are so classy
    and I think easier to maintain.
    Although, I haven't tried leaving in a house with black and white floors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,

    I don't have a favorite :) love the black and white flooring. Beautiful images!

    Enjoy the start to your week.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them all. They really look great in all styles of decor! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually really like those bathroom pictures; that floor works so well. and then we can play chess too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pics are gorgeous. The black and white flooring is a real classic. Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hallway. What did you use? A vinyl or tiles?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a black and white floor...the smaller marble tiles with a matte finish are my favorite. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Roses and Rust!
    I found you through an image from Pinterest. Delighted I did. Enjoyed this post on black and white flooring. Totally agree: I love them in kitchens, baths, halls and conservatories. I wouldn't want entire flooring through out, though.
    Cheers from DC,
    Loi
    Tone on Tone

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon, sorry I haven't visited for awhile. Thanks for sharing such beautiful images..loving those floors.Hoping your family is now well. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite color combo is black and white. I love these floors: they are so classic and dramatic and glamorous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great examples! I love black and white floors too. They remind me of my favorite candy store as a child in Southern California, See's Candy. The floors in the stores were always black and white, and anytime I saw a black and white floor, I thought of it as a See's Candy floor.

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a touch of black in a room and I have added black via the art and tables. Love the balck and white floors though . So lovely to visit again.

    Veronica
    xx

    ReplyDelete