Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Monday Musings - Serving Drinks with Style


With the festive season upon us, I thought it fitting to turn my thoughts to things entertaining and, naturally, the first thing that came to mind was drinks and where to serve them from (or should it be "from whence to serve them"??) 


I am not a big fan of home bars, although I have seen a few I could live with. I tend to be more of a "drinks cupboard" kind of girl.


This is my linen press turned drinks cupboard at home. 








I have seen this one a lot on the web, as probably have you, but it is so pretty it is worth showing again.




This purpose built cupboard features some clever details.



How about this stylish one filled with pretty glassware?



I think this is my favourite. I love the design and it is so practical with a small sink built in.


It doesn't have to be a grand looking cupboard. This quaint vintage one has much appeal. 



A secretary desk with handy fold out desk top makes an excellent drinks cabinet!




This looks like a similar idea. The books form a great backdrop to the drinks tray.



Or why not re-purpose a filing cabinet?


...or a workbench?



 ...Or a kitchen dresser?




If you don't have a cupboard that will work, a simple butlers tray is a stylish alternative.



Or a beautiful tray on top of a chest or table can perfectly serve the purpose.



It helps to have the tray beautifully arranged as Sarah Richardson has done above, or the perennially stylish Slim Paley, below.



So whatever your preference,  cheers to you (and don't let your guests drink and drive).




Till next time

Sharon x


Image source: 1. Tumblr 2 & 3. Roses and Rust  4. Reese and Marie 5. Simple Details Blog  6 & 7. Delight by Design Blog 8. Desde my Ventana 9. Lonny Mag 10. And George 11. Pottery Barn 12. Tumblr 13. Casa Decorada  14. Habitually Chic Blog 15. Tumblr 16. Sarah Richardson 17 Slim Paley blog 18. Turquoise Tulips and Bliss  


18 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon! This post is absolutely gorgeous and brilliant. Brimming with so many amazing ideas, I must bookmark it. Have to start thinking about setting up a bar around here, with the holiday season upon us! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea also. Yours is beautiful! I always enjoy getting a peek of your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas and just in time for the holidays! Love the kitchen dresser set up and like you I can't get enough of the cream armoire built out as a bar.....so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have me thinking about how i need a drink cupboard, something i was not aware of until this enticing post!

    great examples sharon

    cheers
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon and greetings from snowy Canada:) We have a drinks cabinet similar to yours, although ours was made to look like a wardrobe/cabinet and yours actually is one! When we were newly married we were just happy to be able to afford a bottle of wine on Fridays, and now that wine/spirits apparently must be kept in appropriate housing with suitable glassware...times have changed! Not that I am complaining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images! Yours is my favorite!
    I never really thought about a drinks cabinet but with so many armoires I'm sure I could find a spot!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,
    Love this post. So many pretty cupboards and bar set ups.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that simple vintage one, just gorgeous!
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love things being refurbished into other things. Your examples are wonderful as always--thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amei essa sugestão. Ficou lindo seu armário de bebidas. Outro dia estava pensando em fazer alguma coisa, comprar um armário para as bebidas. Obrigada por compartilhar suas brilhantes ideias.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sharon, what great ideas you have presented us with. I must say, I like them all. It looks so inviting, I wonder if it makes you drink more, if you have a special cupboard? Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is it about a loaded bar cart that just makes me smile?...It's so Ralph Lauren looking. Have a great week. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gracious and unexpected surprise for that handsome linen press, Sharon! Love what you've done. Let the parties begin ~ L

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the one in the top photo but a nice tray would be enough for us. I think I buy two bottles of Baileys per year and one Cointreau and that's pretty much the only alcohol we buy ;-)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea...no one uses them as TV entertainment centers...This is a great way to re-purpose them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon!
    Great ideas. I have been saving pictures for a little while of bar tables/trays/etc. These are beautiful. I have in mind to set up a bar cart for my children and their friends in their playroom, with kid-friendly drinks, of course.

    I hope your holidays are happy!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your drink cabinet and the beauty the many you inspire.

    I have added you to my sidebar of blog inspiration, this way I won't mis a thing:)

    Xx
    Happy holidays.
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post Sharon, will have to sort our cabinet this week! Colx

    ReplyDelete