Vivez Bien * Live Well

Friday, January 27, 2012

Pale and Pretty

I came across this French home and thought you might like to see it. It is predominately decorated in pale colours with only the wooden floors, staircase and some of the ceilings providing contrast. It has an interesting mix of French and Scandinavian furnishings. The curved lines of the French furniture work very well with the straighter, simpler Gustavian pieces and the light palette and airy feel add a definite Scandinavian touch.




What a fabulously long coffee table!




I love the way they have left the stairs unpainted. It prevents the interior from looking too bland.


Another view of the living room with the kitchen beyond.




 I love the painted ceilings.






The ceilings have been left unpainted which creates a cosier feel in this dining room. I love the chandelier.


I love the chicken wire in this cupboard. It allows the pretty linens to be on display but has a more casual feel than glass.

 

This dresser is built-in but looks like a free standing unit. The dark pottery looks wonderful against the painted background.


This is such an inviting kitchen.



Simply furnished bedroom and what a pretty bed!




I'd love to know what you think of this home.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Till next time


Sharon x


Image source: here



13 comments:

  1. Love the curvy main staircase and that kitchen is fabulous, love the rustic feel and the wood-burning fireplace. I’m with you I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coffee table that long but it works. I’m glad to see they left the ceilings untouched I like how the natural wood provides contrast, beautiful home.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing home! I love the chalky, pale colors with the old wood floors and beams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Sharon! I want that kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the kitchen, it looks so inviting.

    Have a wonderful weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a light and lovely home! The staircase is beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing,
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely home, the pale colors are exquisite...relaxed and comfortable and oh so chic...
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a beautiful, comfortable home. A mix of the worn and the elegant. Especially love the kitchen. Have a great weekend! Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Une magnifique maison, j'aime cette petite table de salon
    Bon week-end, Agnès

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, what a beautiful home.

    I love how the staircase gives contrast on a predominantly white home... And the wooden beams on the ceiling looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this home Sharon!
    The floors left unpainted are perfect! The chicken wire is a fantastic idea really giving
    it that country feel!!
    Thanks for sharing this fab home!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sharon,
    Just discovered your blog and am absolutely loving it. I spent a whole evening going back to the beginning looking at all your post. Thank for all the lovely's...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful site. Enjoyed browsing after clicking from T&G Interiors.

    ReplyDelete