Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Aesthete's Alphabet - R is for Rustic



We had a fantastic holiday...thanks for all your good wishes. We saw not one, not two, but three of those elusive leopard which was a real treat, except for my husband who offered the boys a R200 reward for leopard sightings, so he's now a bit out of pocket. But now back to reality, school lifts, work, homework, school lunches and computer problems (I know hate is a strong word, but I think I hate Windows 8!).
 
On to today's post....I enjoy comfort and luxury as much as the next person, but I can't get away from the fact that I have a real predilection for all things rustic. I am not a fan of top to bottom rusticity, but something rustic alongside something refined is usually a winning combination for me.



















 

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead while I ponder what to post for S is for......
 
Till next time
 
 
Sharon x



Images via:  Tumblr, Pinterest, 79 Ideas, House and Leisure Magazine and Remodelista.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Sharon
    Have missed your post so much. So, I'm glad you are back from your holiday. I love the R for rustic as it shows that perfection is imperfect. Thank you for sharing.
    Johannesburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated 8! 8.1 wouldn't seem like it would be much of a difference, but it is. While not wonderful, it's at least maneuverable. It is absolutely worth the small price if charged for to upgrade. I wish I hadn't waited and struggled 2 weeks trying 8. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,
    It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and how great to spot the elusive leopards!

    I'm with you 100%. My favorite rooms are those with a bit of fine items beside something older and rustic. I love the juxtaposition. these examples are wonderful and I will be pinning once finished commenting. :-)

    I had to laugh, my employer just paid for all of our PC's to have Windows 13...talk about H.A.T.E. I can't see any benefit in the changes and in fact the Outlook in the package is very difficult to read. Crazy computers, can't live with them, can't throw them out the window!
    Glad your back.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a great time...glad your back!

    ReplyDelete