Vivez Bien * Live Well

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Barcelona Beauty


"Barcelona - Such a beautiful horizon
Barcelona - Like a jewel in the sun"
Freddie Mercury

I have never been to Barcelona, but its been on my bucket list for a long time now. Of course, with our exchange rate such as it is, I'm not likely to be visiting there anytime soon, but there is nothing stopping me taking a virtual trip and the best thing about virtual travel, is the unlimited budget that goes with it! 


Because I am so obsessed with all things interior decor related, the first thing that I do for my virtual trip is find my accommodation and I thought you might like to see it. This apartment that I found is situated on the Rambla de Catalunya, one of the most central and emblematic streets of Barcelona. It has beautiful high ceilings with arched windows and other stately architectural features, but the thing that most appealed to me was the French inspired decor with some modern touches thrown in to make it more interesting. 


The combination of the wooden floors, the anthracite walls and the muted brown and dark grey colour scheme could have produced quite a gloomy interior, but the result is anything but! It has a warm, rich and elegant atmosphere that is so inviting. 


I can quite happily see myself sitting at this table with my husband and perhaps some friends, after a long day's sightseeing, snacking on some tapas or paella or any other delectable Spanish fare found at a local market. Friends who are lucky enough to have been to Barcelona, (you know who you are!)  tell me that the food markets are incredible and I am always a sucker for a good market.





If I was going to be picky, this kitchen is a tad contemporary for my taste, but since I'm not likely to be doing much cooking I don't really mind. And I love the wooden floors!





The chandelier  in the living room is so beautiful and did you notice the arrangement of empty gilt frames on the wall - such a clever idea.  Although I think my family would think I've gone mad if I did that. At least you get me.




The bedrooms are simply furnished with beautiful linen and gauzy curtains to let in the beautiful Barcelona light. There is something so romantic about a bedroom with a balcony. 



My husband reminds me that we do have a balcony onto our bedroom at home.

....But its not Barcelona!





White details... #deco #bedroom #style #bathroom #barcelona #urbanrent #tourism:

So there we are - my beautiful Barcelona home from home. If I keep dreaming about it, maybe one day it will become a reality.

 This has been quite fun. I think I will go and plan my next virtual holiday now. 


Till next time
Sharon x


Go here for details on this apartment.

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful apartment. I've never been to Spain but have heard that Barcelona is amazing.
    Thanks for the virtual tour, that's all I'll be taking for awhile! :-)
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your virtual travels...especially the idea of an unlimited budget! Love to see where you would shop, eat and play in Barcelona. How about a trip to Paris sometime?! x

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Barcelona too. Very nice apartment and great blog.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete