Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Have you Caught on to Copper



I don't usually pay much attention to trends but even I have noticed that copper is very big at the moment. I am a bit ambivalent about this trend. I love some of it, but there is also much that I don't like.


However, I have long had a hankering for a set of copper pots. I do have a Scanpan copper skillet that I love and a saucepan, but the pots I'm talking about are those beautiful heavy duty French Mauviel copper pots. 

 
I don't need that many, just a few would do.... 

 

 They have such presence and substance, I could even feel slightly intimidated by them - I'm not sure my cookingwould live up to their expectations?


Perhaps they would push my cooking to greater heights.....they are not the sort of pots you use to heat up a tin of tomato soup!


 I think that anything cooked in one of these would automatically taste better!

 

They don't come cheap....



 ....and don't stay this shiny looking without some maintenance....


....but they still look good when weathered and tarnished.


 My copper wishlist is not limited to pots. How about this gorgeous copper range by La Cornue?

 

 Costing about the same as two small cars, I am not expecting it to appear under the Christmas tree, but a girl can dream...

 




 Only slightly more affordable is this very beautiful copper KitchenAid mixer. This must be the Rolls Royce of mixers!

  

This copper handled knife set, also by KitchenAid, is actually affordable.  See here....


 
 ...and these copper measuring cups get my vote for sheer cuteness!


Of course, copper does not have to be limited to the kitchen. You could be very indulgent with an exquisite copper bath....


....or make a statement with a beautiful copper basin.



I think this has a very masculine feel - great for a boy's bathroom.


I love this copper desk lamp. Find similar at NetDecor.



I like the idea of one or 2 smaller items in copper like a pot plant or candle holder, but the trick is not to go overboard.



So there you have my copper wishlist, in case anyone's interested. Maybe I should have timed this post closer to my birthday! But perhaps you can start saving - you'll need to for that La Cornue range!

Till next time.

x Sharon

Image source: 1. Zsa Zsa Bellagio, 2. Cakestands and Butondowns 3. MontGeoffroy 4. Tumblr 5. Unknown 6. Cakestands and Butondowns 7. Unknown 8 & 9 Mauviel 10. Tumblr 11. Tumblr 12. La Cornue 13 & 14 KitchenAid  15. William Sonoma 16. New York Times 17. Copper Bath Australia 18. Rustic Sink 19. Not on the High Street 19. Lauren Conrad 20. Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Sharon,
    When I was a young bride copper pans were considered the best cooking pan, but a very good friend amassed quite a few over time and she kept them meticulously shiny. I decided then and there that they were too much work for me! I love my All Clad pans and they don't require polish. I do love some of the pretty items I've seen in copper. As always, this was such a fun post.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharon, I love my copper pots. They are used every single day. My initial, basic set of copper pots were purchased from William Sanoma many, many years ago. They are French and when shined look like new. I have since added a few more pots, the larger soup pots.
    Recently I blogged about my copper pots and how I keep them clean and shiny. Here is my link

    http://ginaceramics.blogspot.com/2016/01/polishing-copper-pots.html

    ReplyDelete