Vivez Bien * Live Well

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Monday Musings - Trophies

Via


Wasn't the Olympics just fantastic. I'm a little sad it has come to an end, even though I might be a bit more productive now. I'm so proud of all our South African competitors. They are all winners to me so I thought a post on trophies might be a fitting theme for this week's Monday Musings.


Via

I love the contrast provided by placing humble kitchen utensils into silver trophies.



Via


Via

Trophies and books are always a good combination.

Via



Via
They make the perfect vessel for holding flowers, dried branches, coral or succulents.


Via


Via

Via


Via

Via

Via

Via


Via
A collection of trophies on a shelf or mantel makes a great statement. 

Via


Via


Via


Via

Via


Via


Via

The tarnishing just adds to their appeal!


Via

Via
Via

And they add the perfect touch to seasonal decorating.

Via




Till next time

Sharon x




11 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, I 'm with you, all of our athletes are winners! Fun post to pin;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon - Wonderful post and photos! I think the trophies look fantastic grouped together....en masse. I used to find them at flea markets and antiques shops for very reasonable prices. Now they are getting harder to find and more expensive, too. Have a great week :-)
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m with you too Sharon all of the athletics are winners in my book I mean look how far they made it. Those little trophy cups with the succulents are fabulous I love the look. I also like the tarnished ones the best too.

    Enjoy your week!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon,

    What a great idea! I love trophies.. I like the plants growing inside and the idea of using them for kitchen tools is so fun!

    Great post! Enjoy the start to a new week!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est clair, tous les athlètes méritent une médaille et une coupe ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. One again you've inspired me Sharon. I shall be keeping my eyes wide open in search of silver trophy cups when I browse antique shops this fall. I've pinned some for inspiration.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of these elegant trophies holding humble kitchen utensils. Their recent popularity has made them quite pricey. Good for the visionaries like Loi and you who saw their appeal long before the rest of us. A lovely post, Sharon.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon

    I agree loved every minute of the olympics as well. I love the image with the finger coral and the tarnished trophy..love the contrast. I have a couple in my closet that I acquired years ago. You have inspired me to think about using them for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Full loving cups and champagne w/ succulents. Such a lovely vintage romance and a perfect Monday muse, my friend!

    Your South African athletes were a Class Act. I could listen to them speak all day long.
    ~Lynne
    w/L.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, so many great ideas. Love these vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would so love to collect old trophies. They are very hard to find in Australia, and if you do find one they are soooo expensive. Thank-you for some beautiful decorating ideas. Leahx

    ReplyDelete