Vivez Bien * Live Well

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Rustic Beach Cottage and Things that caught my eye at Decorex



37131

The West coast of South Africa is not to everyone's taste. It can be quite windswept and desolate in places, but it's remoteness and unspoilt charm really appeals to me. This house with its rustic stone walls and simple furnishings suits its environment perfectly.

47231

37128

37126

37129

37132

37130

37133

37134

37135

It looks like the type of  place where you can really escape the rat race and rediscover the simple pleasures of life.

*   *   *   *   *   *


Staying with things local, I visited Decorex this morning with my good friend Niki - what a pleasant way to spend a morning!

It isn't easy to take decent photos because of the lighting and the crowds, but here are just a few things that caught my eye.



Lighting....


...beautiful....


....and unusual!




 Interesting accessories....




....gorgeous furniture....





... new life given to old things...



and a stove to lust after!


Don't miss out - 3 more days to go!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

 Till next time

Sharon x

Beach cottage : via House and Leisure Mag


13 comments:

  1. These pictures catch my eyes too! Beautiful! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon...I am SO smitten with that beach house, love the rustic coastal vibe, the views from every window, its so peaceful and knowing its more remote makes it all the more appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your posts are loaded with inspiration, Sharon.

    I love the blues of the beach cottage!

    I recently brought home a several old crates and mini pallets from a tulip farm that is closing near our home. I like the idea of stenciling them. I will likely keep them outdoors, and arrange them in the garden or conversation area.

    Welcome back!
    ~withLove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am still stuck on the guy in the shower, ...I will lust after the stove later;) xob

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coastal home is simply stunning!
    Love especially th aqua touches, and the freshness
    Have a nice day
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great beach house! I like the outdoor elements.. inside and that kitchen is darling. Laughing at the comment above.. Lol! I stopped right there too! Lots of fun here today Sharon:) Have a great weekend!

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon,
    This simple stone cottage is so appealing. It holds promise of hours of relaxation. I've always wanted a stone wall in my house. The view certainly seals the deal.
    Happy Friday.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sharon that cottage speaks to my soul. what i would not give to spend several weeks there to chill.

    love decorex, have been to the london version and it is tough to take photo's but appreciate your sharing. some really interesting lighting, the likes of which i have not seen in the states
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cottage is divine
    so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon...that home is gorgeous...I'm in love with the simplicity of it. I could spend all day in that store...I always wish that stores like these would serve coffee...wouldn't that be nice...you could sit down and and just take in all the wonderful things...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Estou apaixonada pelo seu blog vou passar a seguir onde eu moro existe uma casa rústica muito idêntica a essa a praia e tudo é parecido, é lindo mesmo, amei, vou passar a seguir.
    Beijinhos
    Alexandra Melo
    Blog www.reciclardecorar.net blog moda www.modaelist.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post, I have bookmarked this blog and I love this blog too:
    Modular Kitchen Collection

    ReplyDelete