Vivez Bien * Live Well

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Bit of Blue

Via Momma Hen's Coop

I am mostly drawn to more neutral interiors and furniture painted in muted greys and stone colours. However, I have come across a number of pictures of blue chest of drawers lately that I just love!



Via Perfectly Imperfect

From the turquoise blue of the above 2 images ...

Via Providence Ltd

....to the more weathered look of these examples above and below...



Source unknown

....and the more elegant look of the following two examples...


Via Northern Nesting





Via Pinterest - source listed as Google


...they all make such a statement, just in different ways.


Via Pinterest source Etsy

These French inspired versions are so pretty....


Via Pinterest


Via Miss Mustard Seed

...and I love the feminine curves of this one

Via Segreto

...and this one.

Via Colour Me Happy

And finally, I love these 2 gorgeous examples with a touch of gilt.


Via French Mademoiselle


I think I need to go on the hunt for a blue chest of drawers or like the talented Martina at Northern Nesting - just create my own.

Till next time


Sharon x


18 comments:

  1. Lovely Sharon,
    thank you for sourcing and sharing..
    It would be so hard to choose one as my favorite...I do love the vignette in image 4, with the soft muted colors in the framed pavillion..
    wish I had somewhere for image 7, but would make space for the Segreto image...yes def, that is the one for me! have a lovely weekend
    Colette XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that dusty gray blue..one of my faves, and in fact have a chest in my bedroom that color that I LOVE! These are all sooo beautiful, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty especially the very worn ones. I have painted one in Aubusson like Martina did, too. I had weeded most of the blue out a few years ago and now have been bringing it back. I love blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those calm shades of blue.
    The last image is so fabulous,
    that kind of blue and gold, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I would love to have a sideboard in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these chests in blue. The one from the blog French Blue is my favourite!
    I painted my china cabinet blue and just love it!!
    Lovely post Sharon!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so beautiful but the third one is my favorite...just stunning!
    Have a great weekend :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all this gorgeous blue! I'm decorating with blue for the first time ever. I was never a fan of blue and then I fell in love with aqua-duck egg blue. Now I have to stop myself from putting it in every room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Images 3, 4 & 7, just melt into my eyes. We have a touch of this shade of blue in our guest bedroom. I have an antique chest of drawers that belonged to my grandparents. I am planning paint it with chalk paint this summer. I am going bookmark your beautiful story for inspiration!
    ~Lynne
    [w/L]

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful chests but the Baroque chest from Segreto is my favorite it’s fabulous! I love anything that shows time has touched it. I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and how you always surprise us by choosing such nice and such a big variety of furnite !!!wish you a lovely weekend sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bluey grey colour, I love. For coastal areas and the country, it always fits in. Beautiful post! Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all but think the image Via Providence Ltd is my favourite - just love the colour and timeworn feel to it.

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Sacha♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the image by Via Providence Ltd.

    I just love it's simplicity, the colour and the time worn feel it has to it.

    Stunning!

    Have a good weekend Sharon.

    Sacha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your so sweet Sharon, thank you for the shout out! I love them all! I am loving the look of those worn ones hummm... maybe I'll have to find a piece to that on!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. j'aime cette couleur bleutée un peu usée mal décapée

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi Sharon, thanks for stopping by Hampton Hostess! I love your blog--am your newest follower. We have a similar aesthetic and look forward to following you-all the best, barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a new-found appreciation for this color & am considering it for a room in my house. I enjoyed this post!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete